Sunday, October 4, 2015

Being yourself

While I've been asked too many a time "What do you want?" at work this past week, I got some revelations and inspirations just from my "Management of Fashion and Luxury Companies" course on coursera (which I'm having a hard time catching up due to hectic reno-work-life schedules)

In life, I feel, it is important to brand yourself. Like in fashion. I think a lot of my colleagues succeed in their job, because they successfully brand themselves. Like my HCD who brands himself as someone who articulates great ideas, my PgM who brands herself as someone with technical depth. I also have this poly mate who brands himself with the motto "Under Promise, Over Deliver". I've never found myself a brand in general. Despite having some personal goals, mottos, principles, I haven't exactly found something definitive to brand myself. I'm a little uncertain in that aspect. I'm very mediocre in that sense too.

I like fashion, but do not believe in extravagance. Same for living to eat. I enjoy fine food, good ambience, but seek tranquillity more than luxury. As for work, I've been unlucky, per say. Met with some really screwed up situations and didn't stick through them.

But I have to find my brand, soon.

No comments: